Seal of Dane County County of Dane
Dane County Highway and Transportation

Highway Permit Applications

Our permit application process is now online for the following three permits:

  • Permit to Work in County Trunk Highway Right-of-Way
  • Permit to Access County Trunk Highway
  • Permit to Transport Non-Divisible Load Exceeding Statutory Size and/or Weight
  • Please fill out the above permit applications online here:

Permit for Implements of Husbandry (IOH) and Agricultural Commercial Vehicles (Ag CMV) are accessed through the Wisconsin Department of Transportation's website.

Permits for ATV/UTV Route on County Trunk Highways

  • Please contact Kevin Eslick at for the permit application
  • For more information, for a sample image of the application form, and for a map showing ATV/UTV Routes in Dane County, please click here.

Permits for Special Use of Dane County Trunk Highways (Parades, Bike Rides, etc.)

  • Please download form, fill out, and email the application to
  • It can also be mailed to the address below or faxed to (608) 266-4269
    • Dane County Highway Department
      2302 Fish Hatchery Road
      Madison, WI 53713-2495
  • To view future Special Events scheduled to take place on Dane County Trunk Highways, please click here.